Every year I try to come up with some type of small handmade gift to give my boss and a few coworkers. Of course, Pinterest is an amazing resource and I got my inspiration this year from this pin.
Lisa has hundreds of incredibly beautiful ideas over at her blog Celebrate Creativity and it is well worth checking out. Her post about the Handcrafted Cookie Sacks inspired me to create my own similar version and fill them with a favorite handmade cookie mix.
My version is not near as cute as the ones in the picture but I was still pleased with how they turned out.
Inside each cloth bag, I place a homemade cookie mix with instructions. Here is my cookie mix recipe along with a PDF for a printable recipe tags to stick onto each bag.
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup Holiday M&Ms
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter, slightly melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanills
- Layer all of the dry ingredients in a quart sized zip-top bag. Place directions for mixing and baking on outside of each bag. (See printable below.)
- To bake: Preheat oven to 350. Mix in butter, egg and vanilla with a wooden spoon. You may need to use your hands to mix well. The mixture will appear crumbly but should stay together when pressed. Roll into balls and place onto a cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minuted until golden brown.